2017 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 04/27/17 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ravens7 wrote:
we never had those on the east coast ha.

Yeah, I was so hyped up to check out their outpost in NYC but ended up pretty disappointed. They had a bunch of rather niche fashion and custom caps but it seemed pretty clear that they weren't targeting on-field collectors. Maybe that approach is unique to the NYC store though.
Fittedguy16
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 04/27/17 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:

Yeah, I was so hyped up to check out their outpost in NYC but ended up pretty disappointed. They had a bunch of rather niche fashion and custom caps but it seemed pretty clear that they weren't targeting on-field collectors. Maybe that approach is unique to the NYC store though.

Honestly depends when you go and what has been released. Mid baseball season you're likely to see more on field related stuff including MiLB releases.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 05/01/17 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fittedguy16 wrote:
Honestly depends when you go and what has been released. Mid baseball season you're likely to see more on field related stuff including MiLB releases.

Thanks for the tip, I'll have to give them a try this summer. I'm not sure MiLB caps would be big sellers in NYC though. Would be nice if they'd at least carry a decent selection of TBTC's during the season but even that's not much to look forward to now thanks to the flag. Sad
jake2701
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 05/03/17 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
http://mudcats.milbstore.com/store_contents.cfm?store_id=49&dept_id=488&product_id=79026

Whoever wears an 8 here you go. Not sure if it's US made but it's a $15 Braves on field and being on sale I would guess doesn't have a flag on it
HOUNDDOG
Rookie

Post Posted: 05/03/17 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
You know, I just finally got to the point where I can tolerate the Bucs' baby poop brown hat. I got one from Lids,( USA made, dont'cha know!) I don't embrace it, per se, and it fits in with absolutely nothing else the team has, but I can at least acknowledge its right to exist and see it as a wacky diversion. Having said that, I don't think I will ever reach that point with the Reds' "colorblind fan appreciation night" cap. I don't understand it, I can't even appreciate it, I can't understand why anyone would think it was a good idea and I hope I never see one on the field! Everytime I see one on line I reflexively adjust my monitor...I mean the team is called the "REDS"... This may be the worst authentic cap ever.
m_y_t_h
Gold Member

Post Posted: 05/03/17 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
In my weaker moments, I consider buying the Pirates hat, but I haven't caved yet.

Now, I don't collect Reds hats, but even if I did, there is no way I would even think about even thinking about possibly, maybe buying it.

HOUNDDOG wrote:
You know, I just finally got to the point where I can tolerate the Bucs' baby poop brown hat. I got one from Lids,( USA made, dont'cha know!) I don't embrace it, per se, and it fits in with absolutely nothing else the team has, but I can at least acknowledge its right to exist and see it as a wacky diversion. Having said that, I don't think I will ever reach that point with the Reds' "colorblind fan appreciation night" cap. I don't understand it, I can't even appreciate it, I can't understand why anyone would think it was a good idea and I hope I never see one on the field! Everytime I see one on line I reflexively adjust my monitor...I mean the team is called the "REDS"... This may be the worst authentic cap ever.
baby dhibs
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/03/17 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I collect Reds caps. I never got the MARPAT alternate except with the All-Star Game patch (which they didn't even end up wearing) and I'll never buy a flagged AC, so I'm out on the new one. I agree it's horrid.
demondecko
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 05/11/17 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://www.lids.com/new-york-yankees-derek-jeter-new-era-2017-mothers-day-jeter-patch-59fifty-cap/20935936
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 05/12/17 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just saw this is available

http://m.mlbshop.com/New_York_Yankees_Fitted_Caps/Mens_New_York_Yankees_New_Era_Navy_2017_Old_Timers_Day_59FIFTY_Fitted_Hat

Nice to see on a regular on field and a vinyl patch. Way better quality than usual for OTD.
baby dhibs
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/12/17 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CMPunk wrote:

http://m.mlbshop.com/New_York_Yankees_Fitted_Caps/Mens_New_York_Yankees_New_Era_Navy_2017_Old_Timers_Day_59FIFTY_Fitted_Hat

Nice to see on a regular on field and a vinyl patch. Way better quality than usual for OTD.

That's cool, didn't they do this in Diamond Era a couple of years ago? That was an odd choice.
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 05/12/17 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah they've been doing them on BP caps for a few years with shoddy looking felt patches. They did them on 1912 hats one year which was weird.
jfi
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/12/17 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
CMPunk wrote:

I agree- it should be the regular Yankees hat for Old Timers Day. I hope to find this one in MUSA so I can pick it up...
EllisBurks88
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/13/17 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
CMPunk wrote:
Yeah they've been doing them on BP caps for a few years with shoddy looking felt patches. They did them on 1912 hats one year which was weird.

That is the first year(2012) I remember. It was weird on a TBTC hat, not as bad as having them on the DE caps. I'll be snagging a NYY old timers cap this season looks like.

So, regarding talent who shows up to these things?
TonyPlush26
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/13/17 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
EllisBurks88 wrote:
CMPunk wrote:

That is the first year(2012) I remember. It was weird on a TBTC hat, not as bad as having them on the DE caps. I'll be snagging a NYY old timers cap this season looks like.

So, regarding talent who shows up to these things?

There is a list/roster here from last year, it's usually mostly the same every year though. Not all of them participate in the game, but they are part of the festivities still.

http://bronxpinstripes.com/news-rumors/old-timers-day-roster/
EllisBurks88
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 05/14/17 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Ravens7 wrote:

WHOAH WHOAH WHOAH!! Is this the NE Flagship we are discussing? REMEMBER WHEN...Lids and New Era were two SEPARATE companies? Fashion customs were(still are until recent findings went and put every patch cap I missed on re-release. Just wrong side of cap and with flag so no loss really) by and large sold during buy 1/get 1 or clearances? Lids did't send TBTC or SE caps(Atlanta and Seattle patch caps, amongst others) to cities other than where the team with the patch played? THOSE WERE THE DAYS WHEN NEW ERA FLAGSHIPS WERE LEGEND. Before the 2012 season began I walked out in January or Feb with $450 in ACs(Houston's 50th, amongst other caps) from the NYC store. They had 3 retired caps I had to forget because I was holding people up(damn them, I'd own a DC red Nats with black visor, Rangers black brim and visor, and one more I am forgetting).

Fast forward to 2013: March, I'm in Miami for the WBC. Hey, NE flagship in South Beach! PLACE SUCKED. Walked out with Pirates military day cap and Rays Earth Day cap. That was it. Trips to NY from then on also sucked, it was like Lids, EXACTLY like Lids. Last time I hit up the NYC store was last year. Out of the 6 caps I planned on grabbing, they had 1, and 1 on display but not for sale. IF YOU EXPERIENCED IT, RELISH IT! Other than that Hat Club has a store in your area and proves Lids wrong by selling items that shouldn't sell given the city it's in. I heard HC in NYC is basically Lids, but I see the reason for that.

On a national retail/non cap topic - DROP THE PUFFY PAINT ON THE DAMN PLAYER T-SHIRTS! I'll take my name and number beginning to fade in 6 years over the puffy paint and the feel it creates as well as the look. Shiny, flat silk-screen paint, please.
Page 47 of 63   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: