2017 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/07/17 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LegalAmerican wrote:
I know i'm giving New Era and Lids too much credit here, and I can think of at least one person on this board who would have a snarky response to this post, but what an absolute window into the lack of pride that New Era takes in their product.

I get that most people probably won't care, but it is so sad to watch a company that was once taking pride in their craft, now settle for poorly gluing a flag on the side. These things look horrendous. I actually laughed a little at the sight of them because of how poorly they were done.

That's Mr. Snark to you sunshine.
LegalAmerican
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 02/07/17 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
LegalAmerican wrote:
I know i'm giving New Era and Lids too much credit here, and I can think of at least one person on this board who would have a snarky response to this post, but what an absolute window into the lack of pride that New Era takes in their product.

I get that most people probably won't care, but it is so sad to watch a company that was once taking pride in their craft, now settle for poorly gluing a flag on the side. These things look horrendous. I actually laughed a little at the sight of them because of how poorly they were done.

That's Mr. Snark to you sunshine.

Ding ding ding ding!!

Laughing
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/07/17 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LegalAmerican wrote:

New Era business practices bring a classic MST3K bit to mind:

biznash
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 02/09/17 2:03 am    Post subject: uggggh Reply with quote

Just saw some photos of the upcoming on-fields with NE Flags. I can deal with some of the on-fields with the NE logo (i don't like the change, but whatever, i'll just hang onto my caps that don't have flags), but this D-Backs one might be the worst i've seen. The flag just jumps out so much it overshadows the team logo. Looks as if somebody stuck blue gum on the side of the cap.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/09/17 11:01 am    Post subject: Re: uggggh Reply with quote
biznash wrote:

Just saw some photos of the upcoming on-fields with NE Flags. I can deal with some of the on-fields with the NE logo (i don't like the change, but whatever, i'll just hang onto my caps that don't have flags), but this D-Backs one might be the worst i've seen. The flag just jumps out so much it overshadows the team logo. Looks as if somebody stuck blue gum on the side of the cap.

That looks awful. I guess, we should be happy it isn't white.
djgcue

Post Posted: 02/09/17 11:04 am    Post subject: Re: uggggh Reply with quote
biznash wrote:

Yikes
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/09/17 10:00 pm    Post subject: Re: uggggh Reply with quote
biznash wrote:
Looks as if somebody stuck blue gum on the side of the cap.

You're right, it kind of looks like a blob. This seems to be a particularly poorly done flag as you can't really make out the stripes on the right. It's basically an underlined 'n' with some random extra material next to it.

Erie Warrior wrote:
That looks awful. I guess, we should be happy it isn't white.

Pretty much exactly my initial reaction.
HOUNDDOG
Rookie

Post Posted: 02/10/17 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I can imagine how badly the sublimated snakeskin ones will look with the flag...
When NE said "Its not a cap, it's a flag," I suppose we should have taken them literally...
LegalAmerican
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 02/10/17 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
HOUNDDOG wrote:
I can imagine how badly the sublimated snakeskin ones will look with the flag...
When NE said "Its not a cap, it's a flag," I suppose we should have taken them literally...

Pretty soon the flag will be huge and on the front, and the team logo will be the small logo on the side of the cap. And everyone will yell: "Don't you understand marketing and economics!?"
biznash
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 02/10/17 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LegalAmerican wrote:
HOUNDDOG wrote:

Pretty soon the flag will be huge and on the front, and the team logo will be the small logo on the side of the cap. And everyone will yell: "Don't you understand marketing and economics!?"

2018 Preview

Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/10/17 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
biznash wrote:
LegalAmerican wrote:
HOUNDDOG wrote:

2018 Preview

If they could get a away with this, they would do it.
Big Cappi

Post Posted: 02/11/17 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
[If they could get a away with this, they would do it.]
Manfred would sign off on it too while walking away with a wheelbarrow full of cash

Last edited by Big Cappi on 02/11/17 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 02/11/17 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
My Lids finally got the flagged hats in but funnily enough they put them on the very bottom shelf, found them by accident. They still have a ton of flag free stock.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 02/11/17 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sweet red flag on that 2018 Boston cap. Much less noticeable than this year's flag. Mr. Green

And did I miss the reveal on the 'new' Mets road alt? This is from Hatland:

The outline works a lot better with the silver letters and minus the orange brim IMO. Thankfully the local Lids carries a lot of Mets caps, hopefully they have some MUSA's soon. Looking forward to checking this one out in person.

Link for the listing page and some other shots (it says it's sold out currently; I'm assume they still haven't received them): http://www.hatland.com/hats/mets-2017-onfield-alternate-2-new-era-29492/
Fittedguy16
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 02/11/17 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
So was at one of my local malls and I stumbled across this in the Just Sports (Pro Image Sports/Fanzz of AZ) Brewers were one of, if not the only team to not use their ST caps as their BP cap last year. Guessing this is what they'll be using this year as their BP cap. Edit: This isn't mine, picked this one up for a big brewers fan/cap collector from Milwaukee.

Page 29 of 63   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: