2017 Authentic CollectionView previous topic :: View next topic  
seawolf
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/07/16 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LegalAmerican wrote:
XclickX wrote:
People are actually considering buying or have bought these? Chinese garbage guys. You can do better.

You should probably give up on trying to guilt people into not buying what you don't like. Especially on this board. I threw in the towel with New Era when the announcement came out about the flags on the side. People on this board have been saying that would be the last straw ever since I joined here.

I still lurk around this site occasionally because It's still interesting to me, but all the people who've always sworn against buying an on-field with a side flag are all scooping these up like nothing changed.

Clearly there's no line for some people on what they will or will not accept. And New Era LOVES it.
LIKE! lol
Azfan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/10/16 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Keeping it moving, anyone hear anything on any other team getting a new AC besides the Royals next year?
Fittedguy16
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/10/16 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Azfan wrote:
Keeping it moving, anyone hear anything on any other team getting a new AC besides the Royals next year?

Where did you see the Royals are getting a new AC next year?
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/11/16 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Azfan wrote:

Yes.
Fudopi
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/11/16 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I bought the cubs world series hat with a flag on the side (that i ended up ripping off) but if it was anyone except the cubs who won the world series I wouldn't have.

honestly i planned on replacing my cubs cap soon anyways since the one i had been wearing was from 2008 and had the old blue... and then they won the world series.

but this really was the last one I'll buy. and I actually don't think I've bought any current AC caps since 2012 either.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/11/16 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fudopi wrote:
honestly i planned on replacing my cubs cap soon anyways since the one i had been wearing was from 2008 and had the old blue... and then they won the world series.

As a casual fan of the old 'lovable loser' Cubs, I was thrilled to stumble across an old style blue cap a month or so ago. It gave me a solid blue Cubs cap to wear during the Dodgers series that they had to win but it wouldn't be associated with a Cubs team that I can't help but not like when I wore it in the future.

I do think I'll have to pick up a brighter blue cap at some point just to complete my collection. I'd have gotten a WS Cubs cap if only because it's such an event but that was never an option with the flag. I'd have to remove the patch and place it on the correct side of a vanilla cap and it wouldn't be an on-field replica at that point. I think I'd only go to that trouble for the Giants.
jonwin
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/11/16 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hat Guru wrote:
Azfan wrote:

Yes.

Douglas Quaid
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/14/16 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
LegalAmerican wrote:
XclickX wrote:
People are actually considering buying or have bought these? Chinese garbage guys. You can do better.

You should probably give up on trying to guilt people into not buying what you don't like. Especially on this board. I threw in the towel with New Era when the announcement came out about the flags on the side. People on this board have been saying that would be the last straw ever since I joined here.

I still lurk around this site occasionally because It's still interesting to me, but all the people who've always sworn against buying an on-field with a side flag are all scooping these up like nothing changed.

Clearly there's no line for some people on what they will or will not accept. And New Era LOVES it.

The only reason they got me is because my Indians made it to the WS. I don't plan on buying any more with the flag on the side, unless the Tribe is back in the WS.

I'm probably going to scoop up the last on fields from MLMD, while they are 50% with free shipping. Then I'm done. I'll just try to hunt down the few grails I want.
Dinsmore16

Post Posted: 11/14/16 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:

I'm probably going to scoop up the last on fields from MLMD, while they are 50% with free shipping.

Is there a promo code for the free shipping? Because I'm not seeing that
Bucs007
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/14/16 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dinsmore16 wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:

I'm probably going to scoop up the last on fields from MLMD, while they are 50% with free shipping.

Is there a promo code for the free shipping? Because I'm not seeing that

You gotta spend $50 or more and it'll automatically remove the shipping charge when you check out.
EllisBurks88
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 11/15/16 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Azfan wrote:

Besides the Royals Creamer's board has the Padres(one of the possible caps is the navy 'SD' with yellow piping, similar to the old away cap) adopting that hat they wore 1 time this season at Petco for something ASG related, KC sporting a cap to match their new alt(possibly white 'KC' with gold piping), Cubs opening day, and I think a few more.

The way MLB is going I think we can look forwards to new caps, specials and TBTCs for a long time to come.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/15/16 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
EllisBurks88 wrote:
Azfan wrote:

Besides the Royals Creamer's board has the Padres(one of the possible caps is the navy 'SD' with yellow piping, similar to the old away cap) adopting that hat they wore 1 time this season at Petco for something ASG related, KC sporting a cap to match their new alt(possibly white 'KC' with gold piping), Cubs opening day, and I think a few more.

The way MLB is going I think we can look forwards to new caps, specials and TBTCs for a long time to come.

Royals, sort of Padres, sort of Rockies, Dbacks, Pirates so far. Teams can always add alts late as we've seen so this is by no means a final list of new AC's.
neweranewbie723

Post Posted: 11/16/16 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've lost interest in the AC on fields unless I really like the teams or logos and really there only maybe 3 or 4 I like. I'd much prefer the diamond eras even though they're Chinese made they just seem to fit better and aren't lint and dustmagnets, very low maintenance. Unfortunately MLB shop for 2016 diamond eras have remained retail price all year and the older versions I can't find cheap. If If i do pick an onfield AC maybe it would be 2016 ASG once they go on clearance around $10 or the fathers say one which I can't find a 7 5/8 for the Oakland A's
Ravens7
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/16/16 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
havent been on that much lately,or keeping up wiht things on the hat side too much...kinda out of the loop. so,the royals,and a few other teams i see are getting some new ac's? what are the royals doing? sorry if it was already posted. i did read they might bring back the gold. what are the other teams doing or changing? regular ac's are my favorite thing to collect. i havent got a hat in a long time,a new ac might be nice.

Post Posted: 11/16/16 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ravens7 wrote:
what are the royals doing?

They posted on their Facebook a teaser video, looks like a non-World Series tweak to their Gold alternates. Including the Gold batterman!
Page 3 of 63   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: