anyway to remove the new era flag on the postseason caps?View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fudopi
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/04/16 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
dbacks_Nation wrote:
Fudopi wrote:
just ripped the flag off my cubs world series hat... the white residue it left is pretty noticeable but not really THAT bad.

I'm gonna try nail polish remove or something later i just don't have any around my apartment as i don't wear nail polish.

Edit: I used a little bit of rubbing alcohol on the hat where the patch was. looks like it was never there in the first place. if you don't like the flag patch i'd recommend doing it.

Once I get my hands on a glass or metal container large enough, I'm going to experiment with pure acetone.

yeah once it dried completely i noticed there was still a little bit of a white outline where it used to be, but it's just little tiny glue pieces that are in the fabric. they come out fine though, 10 minutes with some tweezers and even all the faint white outline would be completely gone.
Segal27
Rookie

Post Posted: 11/08/16 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I got super lucky and the Cubs World Series hat I bought had the flag peeling off, so I just finished peeling it. So if there is mass quality of your size I would try to find one with a poorly on flag.
POCKET KING5
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/09/16 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just used acetone when doing a patch swap for last years World Series royals cap. I was able to heat- peel the patch off and glue it on the USA made cap with a goop like product. It was extremely messy. I used acetone to rub off the spots of excess glue. It does work, but be careful because some of the dye from the cap will come off.

I've been working on the China cap to get the residue off that so I can use it as a display. It's taking some time but is slowly coming off.
Page 2 of 2   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: