anyway to remove the new era flag on the postseason caps?View previous topic :: View next topic  
jy2k2
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/30/16 9:56 pm    Post subject: anyway to remove the new era flag on the postseason caps? Reply with quote
I tried to peel off the flag, but it leaves a white residue on the hat.

is there a way to get the residue off the hat?
lhg39
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/30/16 10:21 pm    Post subject: Re: anyway to remove the new era flag on the postseason caps Reply with quote
jy2k2 wrote:
I tried to peel off the flag, but it leaves a white residue on the hat.

is there a way to get the residue off the hat?

Good off, lighter fluid, etc....
newyorknets
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/31/16 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've used acetone and nail polish remover. Before using any liquid, I used a tweezer to get most of the residue off first
POCKET KING5
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/31/16 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm in this boat now, not with the flag but with removing a patch. I got the chromaflex patch off my royals World Series cap, wicked residue.

Not trying to jack this thread, but what glue would work best to reapply the patch to another cap??
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/31/16 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
POCKET KING5 wrote:
I'm in this boat now, not with the flag but with removing a patch. I got the chromaflex patch off my royals World Series cap, wicked residue.

Not trying to jack this thread, but what glue would work best to reapply the patch to another cap??

Goop worked for me. Tricky to work with though.

https://www.amazon.com/Amazing-GOOP-130012-Household-Adhesive/dp/B0000A605I/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1477925278&sr=8-3&keywords=goop

Post Posted: 10/31/16 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess I'm in the minority but I'm embracing the logo. Despite the crass commercialization, it is the official on field cap. Now getting them all made in the USA with USA materials, I am completely onboard with that!
POCKET KING5
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/01/16 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm personally not happy with the logo on MLB caps because of the tradition. I'm very much fine with it on anything else they produce. Going forward with it, I probably will only buy new cap logo on fields for MLB if there is any. It's business as usual for all other caps for me.

The worst part is finding USA made caps. That will be much harder now more than ever.
POCKET KING5
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/01/16 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
POCKET KING5 wrote:
I'm personally not happy with the logo on MLB caps because of the tradition. I'm very much fine with it on anything else they produce. Going forward with it, I probably will only buy new cap logo on fields for MLB if there is any. I won't need any other caps I already have for all the teams. It's business as usual for all other caps for me.

The worst part is finding USA made caps. That will be much harder now more than ever.

dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/01/16 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
POCKET KING5 wrote:
I'm personally not happy with the logo on MLB caps because of the tradition. I'm very much fine with it on anything else they produce. Going forward with it, I probably will only buy new cap logo on fields for MLB if there is any. It's business as usual for all other caps for me.

This is exactly it. I've poured several hundred into snagging as many good poly USA made caps as I can recently. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is.
POCKET KING5
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/01/16 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
dbacks_Nation wrote:
POCKET KING5 wrote:

This is exactly it. I've poured several hundred into snagging as many good poly USA made caps as I can recently. It's unfortunate, but it is what it is.

I've picked up well over 10 caps alone this past month. Not like that's a lot but it is when you don't normally cram caps like that.
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/01/16 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
POCKET KING5 wrote:
dbacks_Nation wrote:
POCKET KING5 wrote:

I've picked up well over 10 caps alone this past month. Not like that's a lot but it is when you don't normally cram caps like that.

And HatClub shipping me every purple dbacks hat they have in my size....
Fittedguy16
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 11/02/16 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
And HatClub shipping me every purple dbacks hat they have in my size....[/quote]
Dbacks would you know if Hatclub has any 7 3/8 left in those purple poly hats?
Fudopi
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/03/16 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
just ripped the flag off my cubs world series hat... the white residue it left is pretty noticeable but not really THAT bad.

I'm gonna try nail polish remove or something later i just don't have any around my apartment as i don't wear nail polish.

Edit: I used a little bit of rubbing alcohol on the hat where the patch was. looks like it was never there in the first place. if you don't like the flag patch i'd recommend doing it.
Hat Guru
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/03/16 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fittedguy16 wrote:
And HatClub shipping me every purple dbacks hat they have in my size....

Dbacks would you know if Hatclub has any 7 3/8 left in those purple poly hats?[/quote]

Should be some left in Valley stores, your local HC should be able to help you if they don't or you can ring customer service and have them check.
dbacks_Nation
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 11/04/16 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fudopi wrote:
just ripped the flag off my cubs world series hat... the white residue it left is pretty noticeable but not really THAT bad.

I'm gonna try nail polish remove or something later i just don't have any around my apartment as i don't wear nail polish.

Edit: I used a little bit of rubbing alcohol on the hat where the patch was. looks like it was never there in the first place. if you don't like the flag patch i'd recommend doing it.

Once I get my hands on a glass or metal container large enough, I'm going to experiment with pure acetone.
Page 1 of 2   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: