2016 Postseason Caps: WITH NE SIDE LOGO...View previous topic :: View next topic  
LaughingIndian

Post Posted: 10/25/16 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
jy2k2 wrote:
LaughingIndian wrote:
Picked up my Cubs WS hat today, made in USA! Got it from lids on my way home from work. They literally just came in 15 minutes before I got there. The salesman had them in the back, he said lids sent out an email saying they couldn't sell them until tomorrow but he knows me and he said it was stupid that lids expected their stores not to sell them until tomorrow. So he went around back and brought out the box and me and him went through them all which surprisingly the vast majority was USA made. We found 3 -7 3/8, only one was China which had the NE flag embroidered. The other 2 were USA and I bought the best one. The other had a crooked brim. I guess they're churning them out so fast NE is overlooking some QC.

did u see any 7 1/8 usa ones?
I remember seeing a 7, 7 5/8, 7 3/4, 7 3/8, 7 1/4, 7 1/2, Made in USA. He called out 7 1/8 but I don't know if he was repeating what he thought I asked for or that he had one. I can call tomorrow and ask but I have a feeling around here these hats will be sold out soon. I'll post as soon as I find out.
Fittedguy16
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/25/16 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TonyPlush26 wrote:
During Bryant's at bat in the first inning tonight they had the camera directly on Kluber's face but from the right side and on his cap you could see the outline from the postseason patch behind the World Series patch, which would lead me to believe he wanted to keep the same cap so he made them switch the patches.

Edit: I was able to snag a pic, you can see the outline a little bit.

A lot of Guys keep their hats from the entire year and just have someone switch the patches. Most likely that is the hat he wore most of the year and had NE or an equipment guy add the Patch/Ne Logo
Fittedguy16
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/25/16 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
TonyPlush26 wrote:
During Bryant's at bat in the first inning tonight they had the camera directly on Kluber's face but from the right side and on his cap you could see the outline from the postseason patch behind the World Series patch, which would lead me to believe he wanted to keep the same cap so he made them switch the patches.

A lot of Guys keep their hats from the entire year and just have someone switch the patches. Most likely that is the hat he wore most of the year and had NE or an equipment guy add the Patch/Ne Logo
SpartanFan_ChippewaMan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/26/16 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
TonyPlush26 wrote:

I noticed this exact same thing and even texted my brother and he saw it too. If it weren't for HD, idk if it would be super noticable
moongooseryan

Post Posted: 10/26/16 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
LaughingIndian wrote:
Picked up my Cubs WS hat today, made in USA! Got it from lids on my way home from work. They literally just came in 15 minutes before I got there. The salesman had them in the back, he said lids sent out an email saying they couldn't sell them until tomorrow but he knows me and he said it was stupid that lids expected their stores not to sell them until tomorrow. So he went around back and brought out the box and me and him went through them all which surprisingly the vast majority was USA made. We found 3 -7 3/8, only one was China which had the NE flag embroidered. The other 2 were USA and I bought the best one. The other had a crooked brim. I guess they're churning them out so fast NE is overlooking some QC.

Wow! Here's hoping the closest Lids to me has some mUSA stock for the Cubs in 7 1/4. I've been able to harvest quite a few mUSAs from them in the past so I'm feeling confident.

Post Posted: 10/26/16 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I purchased an Indians road alt WS cap (all navy with Wahoo logo) from Lids and an Indians home alt WS cap (navy with red bill and Wahoo logo) from Hat Club.

Both caps were MUSA, which was good. The road alt from Lids had a patched NE flag logo while the home alt from HC had an embroidered NE flag logo.

Someone mentioned on another thread that come Dec 1, Lids says they will be sending back all of their non flagged merchandise. I presume they will use the NE flag patches and send them back to be sold. HC seems to be getting the "new wave" of 2017 caps that will have them embroidered.
Fiddy Sicks
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/26/16 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Welp, it took me three different malls and about ten different stores, but I FINALLY found a Cubs MUSA World Series on-field. A few observations:

The stamped on flag patch looks like absolute trash. They had a few Indians MUSA caps with the embroidered flag, and they look MUCH better. They were all imported materials, though.

I found it at the Lids at Arden. Hat Club had a few MUSA caps in large sizes, but the 7 5/8 were all Chino trash. The Lids I got it from had been telling people ALL DAY that they didn't have them, but they were out in plain sight right next to the register. The manager was pretty pissed at her employees, but that's all on her. As soon as I picked it up, she told me that they weren't supposed to be on the floor yet and took the remaining caps and put them all in the back. She tried to not sell me the one I bought even, but I told her She was gonna have someone making a scene (in the form of calling the DM) if she didn't. God, Lids is such a s**tshow.

I also got these stitched. I absolutely HATE giving Lids any more of my business than is absolutely necessary, but I had to make an exception in this case Sad

CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/26/16 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why are all these LIDS trying not to sell the cap? We're two games in!

Post Posted: 10/27/16 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well screw Lids. Foot Locker had the Cubs WS caps in San Diego.
HOUNDDOG
Rookie

Post Posted: 10/27/16 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
My Lids Tribe WS is USA.
neweranewbie723

Post Posted: 10/28/16 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I know they are doing it for marketing purposes. But why not instead make the side new era logo similar to how the nl/al logo is on the spring training caps. It's not noticeable since it's the same color as the hat and it's sort of embossed as some plastic glossy material
Azfan
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/28/16 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Was lucky enough to snag a MUSA Cubs WS hat in my size at a local Lids. Seen a total of two MUSA hats from the three stores i've been to.
LaughingIndian

Post Posted: 10/28/16 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Went to 3 lids today and not a single USA made Cubs hat! I was lucky to find the one I got the other day even though it's covered in dirt and sweat now after wearing it to work all week! I guess I'll have to wash it and store it when the series is over. Not!
jake2701
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/29/16 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've only found Chinese Cubs caps. Looks like I'm heading to every lids in the greater Charlotte area today.
Fudopi
Gold Member

Post Posted: 11/03/16 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
finally picked up a cubs WS. Made in China but it's probably the best quality china cap i've seen, the brim is lined up right, batterman on the back is lined up, no loose stitching and the crown looks good.

stupid patched on NE flag looks terrible though. i'm gonna try to take it off.
Page 15 of 19   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: