2016 Postseason Caps: WITH NE SIDE LOGO...View previous topic :: View next topic  
CMPunk
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/20/16 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
WS patch looks pretty nice. Just wish they'd leave the trophy off but this is the least offensive use of it so far.
Erie Warrior
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/20/16 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I ran to Lids at lunch and got this US made with Imported materials one. It does have a bit of a Chino smell to it. Other than that, it fits nice. I haven't messed with the brim yet, we'll see how this goes.

I really didn't have any plans of buying a WS hat this year, but then my Tribe made it to the WS. The flag on this one is stitched on, but I saw both at the store. Almost all of the ones I picked up were USw/IM.

[img]20161020_130716 by Craig Smith, on Flickr[/img]
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/20/16 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Congrats on making it to the Series, Erie! I'll be pulling for your guys. Such a shame that you get there during a year with such awful postseason caps. I'd have bought a Cleveland WS cap in a heartbeat if they didn't look like garbage.

And I know I'm in the minority, but I wish the Indians had worn their home and away 'C' sets at least once this postseason. Love those unis. I saw a fan wearing the cream alt combined with the navy 'C' cap in Toronto during one game and it looked sharp as hell.
Scott8030
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/20/16 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:
I ran to Lids at lunch and got this US made with Imported materials one. It does have a bit of a Chino smell to it. Other than that, it fits nice. I haven't messed with the brim yet, we'll see how this goes.

I really didn't have any plans of buying a WS hat this year, but then my Tribe made it to the WS. The flag on this one is stitched on, but I saw both at the store. Almost all of the ones I picked up were USw/IM.

Very nice addition! If my Orioles ever make it to the World Series again, I will go bankrupt purchasing hats, shirts, etc....
sportfreak620
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/20/16 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow! That came in fast.
soxkrazy
Platinum Member

Post Posted: 10/20/16 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
In Manchester, NH, for a conference and went to the local mall. Two MUSA Red Sox 2016 postseason caps there in Olympia Sports, sizes 7 1/4 and 7 1/2.
christo
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/20/16 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Erie Warrior wrote:

no offense, but i don't like how the stitching makes chief wahoo look like he had a face lift a la bruce jenner.
Fudopi
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/22/16 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
i'm really tempted to order a cubs ws cap but i've seen so many complaints about the quality idk if i want to order one online.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/22/16 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fudopi wrote:
i'm really tempted to order a cubs ws cap but i've seen so many complaints about the quality idk if i want to order one online.

Hat Club already has the Indians WS caps, I'm sure they'll have the Cubs soon as well. They're good about confirming whether they have MUSA before shipping so they might be worth a try.
Fudopi
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/23/16 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Fudopi wrote:

Hat Club already has the Indians WS caps, I'm sure they'll have the Cubs soon as well. They're good about confirming whether they have MUSA before shipping so they might be worth a try.

do you know how long it took the indians caps to go on sale in physical stores? might just go pick one up from lids so i can see it for myself before i buy.
CaLizFyNesT
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/23/16 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Fudopi wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:
Fudopi wrote:

do you know how long it took the indians caps to go on sale in physical stores? might just go pick one up from lids so i can see it for myself before i buy.

In 2014 for the Giants, my lids store received the hats the next day after they won the NLCS. I went early the next day right at open but the hats didn't come in yet. Later in the day when I went back they were stocked. Depends on if the company ships them nextday air or 2 day air.

I just checked Instagram and a few people have posted the hat already. So it depends on the store.
shane618
Gold Member

Post Posted: 10/23/16 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
I didn't want to grab a home and away postseason Orioles hat, but since they were on big clearance on Lids I thought I might as well commemorate the Britton debacle (that and I have all the other postseason hats and wanted to keep it up). No more! I'll reiterate that the stitching was incorrect on the home hat and that the bills had ridiculous dips and curves. Goes without saying that it was chino. The flag was pressed/glued on. Even though it was clearance, I convinced lids to let me ship them back. Definitely one of those - before: maybe it won't be as bad as we all think. After: is it possible these hats will be worse moving forward than we had feared?!?!?

Not optimistic about any future hats. Already stocking up on MUSA I can find (Dick's doing 40 percent off MLB hardware including AC in store).
jake2701
New Era Addict

Post Posted: 10/23/16 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Go Cubs!

If anyone finds somewhere with MUSA Cubs WS caps then let me know. About to head on a business trip so it'll be Wednesday before I can try and hunt one down.
HOUNDDOG
Rookie

Post Posted: 10/23/16 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just an observation, and I'd be interested to see if the sales data back this up... I am in Ohio but about an hour or so west of Cleveland. (Not Tiger Country though...) I wanted to pick up a World Series commemorative hat, so I went to the Dick's sporting goods where they had the Cavs' championship stuff. They had only one 5950 with the world series patch, that being the Navy block C , and those were pretty well picked over size wise. I kept looking and went to several other stores and the ONLY World Series hats I could find in stock were the Red block C's. (One store did have a few Wahoo home caps, but only with the "postseason" patch. ) So finally, I made it to Lids, and the clerk there was cutting open a new box as I arrived. I was able to pick up an all-navy Wahoo road cap (which is my favorite and the one I wanted anyway) in my size. With my lids card, the price dropped from $37.99 without tax to $30.19 tax included! They also had a few of the Red C's.

I guess my observation is that the whole Toronto court case may have galvanized Ohio's Un-PC Wahoo community, as the caps with the Chief appear much harder to find in stock while the Block C's (especially the Red one which appears to be no one''s favorite) languish on the shelves. It would be interesting to see what the sales figures say.
Guy Gadbois
Legend/Addict

Post Posted: 10/23/16 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
HOUNDDOG wrote:
I guess my observation is that the whole Toronto court case may have galvanized Ohio's Un-PC Wahoo community, as the caps with the Chief appear much harder to find in stock while the Block C's (especially the Red one which appears to be no one''s favorite) languish on the shelves. It would be interesting to see what the sales figures say.

I'd have to see it in person to confirm but I rather like the red 'C' cap. It's what I ideally would have picked up this week but neither Lids I went to carried it. The navy 'C' has grown on me though. The dark red logo on navy with no outline feels very classic.

I'm talking about the vanilla cap btw. PA Lids don't have any postseason caps and I wouldn't bother buying if they did.
Page 13 of 19   All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Post new topic   Reply to topic   neweracaptalk.com Forum Index -> New Era Cap Authentics

Jump to: